Your high school prom should be the most memorable and exciting night of your teenage years. However, many students forget to bring certain items or do not think of what unexpected things to prepare for. We all have heard of prom horror stories, so you should be prepared just in case an accident occurs and you can do this by following my tips for the prom.
Be prepared for the unexpected
Below is a list of things you should bring just in case. I assume you will have a little purse to match your fabulous dress, so you should have your friends put some of the items in their purse which will benefit them also if they were to have an accident. Another suggestion is you can put these items in your locker days prior the prom, so that you do not have to carry them around in your purse and you can still have them readily available if needed.
Prom ready kit
1. Trial size hair spray & hair pins just in case your updo falls.
2. Clear nail polish for stocking runs or an extra pair of pantyhose.
3. Eyeliner and Mascara, just in case yours smear
4. Trial size deodorant -dancing can make you perspire.
5. Feminine wipes-yes you can sweat down there too!
6. Feminine napkins or tampons-who said you, cannot get your period during prom?
7. A compact mirror-you never know what’s on your face, because no one will tell you!
8. Disposable toothbrush or mints
9. A safety pin or needle & thread just in case your strap on your dress breaks.
10. Individual wipes for your face just in case your hair sweats and leaks hairspray onto your face
11. A cell phone to call home when a much bigger problem happens.
Have an on-call person!
Make sure you have a family member to be readily available to come to your rescue when you need something that can not fit in your purse, like shoes! Often young ladies have broken a heel during the prom and how embarrassing is that to have to wear one shoe? You can also have an extra pair of dress shoes in your locker if you want to get back to the dance floor and do not wish to wait on your on-call person.
Some poor girls have completely ruined their dress at the prom and there is nothing like being stuck at your prom with no ride home or no one to come to help you. You should definitely have an on-call person for whatever situation may be, not just limited to accidents with your make up, shoes or dress.
Before going to the prom, find out what material is your dress made of and what is the best solution to getting out a stain for that particular dress. When you know what method and product to use, bring a small amount of it in a mini bottle, depending on the dress it can be anything from baking soda to lemon juice. Never use tissue on stains, all it does it tear in little pieces making the dress look even worse. Either treat the stain before it dries or if it is really bad, and then call your on-call person.
Following these tips will have you prepared for any mishaps and having your prom disaster ready kit available will allow you to fix your problem, quickly getting you back into the party. Knowing what can possibly happen and being prepared will prevent you from being another prom horror story and make your prom one of the best nights of your life.