Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew gives you a whole new reason to use Tivo. Season 2 was disappointing and I quit watching half way though, but Season 3 is off to an amazing start. If you haven’t been watching then you’re only three episodes behind and you can see additional footage on VH1’s website. I just finished watching episode 3 and here is everything you missed or need to know.
The show is comprised of a cast of medical professionals working to treat celebrity addicts at Pasadena Recovery Center. The addicts live here for a month and share rooms together. When they arrive they go through a medical checkup from Dr. Drew and then have their bags searched for drugs. They go through group therapy together on a daily basis and if needed Dr. Drew also follows up with one on one therapy. They can have visitors once a week unless they mess up. This is completely voluntary unless court ordered.
– Dr. Drew: Is a real doctor and amazing TV personality. I’m sure you remember him from MTV’s Loveline.
– Shelly: Is a tech at the rehab facility and is a gangster lady. A recovering addict herself she knows how to keep everyone inline and sober.
– Bob Forrest: He’s some music guy, drug counselor and former addict he sits in on group therapy and calls people on their shit.
Celebrity Addicts with Highlights
– Lisa D’Amato: She’s a model, DJ, and participant on America’s Next Top Model. She’s addicted to alcohol and a general 24-7 party lifestyle. She seems like a fame seeker who’s just on the show to get attention.
– Heidi Fleiss: Hollywood madam who was arrested for tax evasion. She was arrested again for driving under the influence and possession of drugs which brings her to celeb rehab. She is addicted to meth and lives in Death Valley with a gang of parrots. Looks like a straight up crazy lady. You can feel how lonely she is every time she talks. She’s endearing and very funny she’s a character to watch.
– Joey Kovar: Was a cast member on the Real World: Hollywood. He’s addicted to cocaine, ecstasy, and alcohol. He is kind of dull and hasn’t done much yet, but on the episode 4 preview showed him flipping out and going on a rampage.
– Mindy McCready: Is a county music singer who is addicted to alcohol and prescription pain killers. She is in complete denial about her addiction and has yet to admit to anything. End of episode 2 start of episode 3 she has a seizure that required a trip to the hospital. Dennis Rodman was visibly upset and rushed out to the ambulance to give her support. She’s back now, but if she continues to drink the seizures will continue to happen and get worse.
– Kari Ann Peniche: A former Beauty Queen and Playboy model who was kicked off Sex Rehab. She is addicted to speed and other drugs. So far she’s been fine, but I think she’s also about to snap.
– Mackenzie Phillips: Is an actress/singer best known for her role in American Graffiti. Her father John Phillips was the lead singers of the Mamma’s and the Pappas and also used to sexually abuse her and then date her for ten years. You heard me they had a relationship for ten years. She was arrested for possession of cocaine and heroin and was forced into rehab. She is endearing and easily likable.
– Dennis Rodman: Man, Myth, Legend, professional basketball player, 2 time defensive player of the year, 5 time NBA Champion, Led the NBA in rebounds per game for 7 years, and is probably the best small forward to ever pick up a basketball, movie star, etc. He’s been court ordered to rehab for alcohol related problems. He’s been silent at this point, but was confronted in group about his large parties that run 5 days a week sometimes having up to 200 people. He says he usually doesn’t even participate in the party. He doesn’t admit he has a problem and will probably go right back to drinking when he leaves. He did show concern over Mindy McCready when she had a seizure and offered his sweet support.
– Tom Sizemore: Is an actor and had a very public relationship with Heidi Fleiss which ended with domestic abuse trail which he was found guilty. The two have both agreed that they can work together in treatment and it won’t cause any problems. Finally arrived on episode three after ducking them for weeks. He arrived coming off a week long meth bender that made him look like the living dead. He still had not agreed to stay and was trying to get out of it by saying he’d come back tomorrow. Tom and Heidi embraced and it was very affectionate and sweet, so they’re probably going to bone if Tom doesn’t run off into the night for a meth fix.
– Mike Starr: Bass player for Alice and Chains and heroin addict who was kicked out of the band for his addiction. Do you know how bad an addiction has to be to get you kick out of a band? On top of that a band like Alice and Chains? He’s got that dull monotone heroin addict speak that seems like he’s slowed down or something. Nice guy, but always about 5 steps behind.
Episode 4 will air on VH1 at 10pm Thursday the 28th. I’ll be watching and I hope you will be too.