VH1’s Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew season three episode nine was the final episode and also graduation episode. The final episode highlighted just how much the show has declined and was boring and anticlimactic. If it didn’t feel fake or staged it was at minimum poorly edited. The season built to nothing and was simply drama after drama. Cast members like Mike Starr were detoxing off Methadone the entire time and were in horrible pain, but we never saw any of that because we were too busy focusing on Mackenzie Phillips’ dying dog or Kari Ann Peniche throwing a meth fit. The seasons episodes were incredibly inconsistent with morning meditations, group therapy, and other rehab related events missing half the time. It simply didn’t feel like rehab it was just a clip show of the most drama infused bitchiness on VH1. Most of the hour long episodes were clips of what was coming up after the commercial break then after the ads you’d watch what you just saw. I would say the show is actually only 25 minutes long if you take out all the repeated information. I enjoyed the stars, but the season was awful and went nowhere. You can view my recaps of previous episodes: 1-3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
Mackenzie Phillips New Bathroom
Since people who like reality programming also like home design shows (women) Dr. Drew (producers) figured it would be a good idea to fix up Mac-Attacks addict bathroom that had blood on the ceiling and needle marks everywhere. It was very pretty and she was super excited.
Kari Ann Peniche remembers she signed a contract
Kari Ann left the show with her friends Rockstar and Mike at the end of episode 8. Dr. Drew had Heidi Fleiss give her a call. Kari Ann claimed she wasn’t using and said she just wanted to go home. The next morning she agreed to come back (lawyer called) and Dr. Drew sent some people to go pick her up so she could attend the graduation she didn’t deserve.
Dr. Drew wanted to bring home the gravity of everyone’s situation and while graduation is a time for celebration it’s simply a stepping stone to sober living. Graduation took place in a mausoleum and was inauthentic and staged. Groans and complaints filled my living room each time someone stood to speak. Addicts would stand up and talk about how they needed to change their lives and what they’ve learned. They would get tears in their eyes as they each gave the worst performance of their lives. This was awful to watch and every bit of it felt fake. Heidi also calls Tom a loser and insults him. Kari Ann continues to be a bitch and insults Mac-Attack Mackenzie Phillips.
Not going to Sober House (Starts March 4, 2010)
– Mindy McCready is still in denial and won’t be going to sober house so she can raise her kids.
– Mackenzie “Mac-Attack” Phillips says she will go to meetings, but not sober house. I bet she didn’t want to be on TV any longer with the incest with her father about to drop on the news.
– Lisa D’Amato admits she’s simply a fame whore and calls this rehab a “preventive rehab” and will not be going to rehab.
– Joey Kovar is going to help his girlfriend move and will go to meetings.
Going to Sober House
– Kari Ann Peniche is going to sober house to annoy the crap out of all of us.
– Dennis Rodman is the man and Rodzilla will be gracing Sober House with his wisdom and company.
– Tom Sizemore is going to sober house.
– Mike Starr is going to sober house.
– Heidi Fleiss is going to sober house because she knows how isolated she is and is worried she will go back to using.
Predictions for Sober House
Heidi and Tom will fight. Mike will finally really start detoxing and throw a crazy fit. Rodzilla will be amazing and entertain us all. Kari Ann will hopefully run away and never come back.