In honor of Valentine’s Day, I thought I would offer this list up as a helpful guide to those wondering what exactly women want to hear.
1. I love you – Universally, one of the top phrases your woman loves to hear from your lips.
2. Your beautiful – It never hurts to make her feel better about herself. She may have put in a lot of effort to look great for your evening or she may have been so busy tending to the kids, house, and laundry that she totally forgot she even had plans this evening. In both cases, hearing these words can melt her heart.
3. Have you lost weight? – While indicating that she is looking thin may sound a bit abrasive in some circumstances, asking if she has lost weight indicates you have noticed!
4. Did you do something new to your hair? – Men never seem to notice when you get your hair cut, colored, or even just try a new style. Notice it and see if her eyes light up just a little.
5. Would you like to go shopping? – It is a rare thing when a man volunteers to take you shopping or attend the shopping trip with you. It’s almost akin to saying I love you.
6. Do you need help with anything? – For the harried housewife, taking the time to offer some assistance with a chore or occupying the kids so she can get something done will mean a lot. While women recognize that in many cases you have worked outside the home all day, it doesn’t exclude you from ever lending a hand inside the home. After all, a home maker is a job with few breaks and never being able to leave the office.
7. Should we order in this evening? – Sometimes when you walk into the middle of chaos the best thing to do is to smile, shrug, and then tell your significant other to kick their back and let someone else do the work. Ordering out or picking up dinner on these days is a real treat!
8. Let me rub your feet – Shoulders, neck, back – any of these work. What it says is that you want to pamper her for a moment. That she is special enough to have a few moments of your time and energy.
9. How was your day? – Too often she is the eager listener to your day’s events. Turn the tables. And show some interest in what she tells you – she is sharing moments of her day.
10. You are the best. – Let her know she is the special one in your life and you wouldn’t have it any other way!
In addition to these phrases, there are a few words of wisdom on what the women in your life love to hear. One of these is the truth, most women want honesty and openness in their relationships. So be honest.
Share from your heart. Don’t be stingy with your feelings. Let her know how you feel. When you compliment or talk to her from your heart, it will do wonders for your relationship.
Last but not least, always treat her as your equal. Some men make the mistake of thinking that they work all day and therefore, their day is more important than their wife who has been at home on the couch. If they only realized all of the things, no matter how small, she accomplished in her role they would be more apt to treat her with the same respect they give their coworkers and boss.