Top restaurant picks from Tucson, AZ from a Tucson native. Being a student most of these restaurants are on the affordable side, but don’t mistake affordable with cheap quality because these places are delicious! In no particular order here are the ten best restaurants in Tucson, AZ.
1. Caruso’s is one of the top Italian restaurants in Tucson, AZ. Caruso’s is located in downtown Tucson and has been in business for a long time. Its a popular choice amongst high school students to attend the restaurant during prom season. All year long Caruso’s is always booming with business.
2. Magpies has been voted the best pizza in Tucson for twenty years. There are a few locations but the main one is located in downtown Tucson and that is the largest location. Feast on calzones, pizza pies, salads, and a bunch of other tasty food. My tip for the future whether you are eating at Magpies or any other restaurants is to eat the pizza fresh at the location. Pizza that is ordered for delivery tends to lose some of its flavor in the box as the steam rises and has no where to go causing the pie to become too moist and sometimes watery.
3. Beyond Bread has to be the top sandwich shop restaurant in Tucson, AZ. They offer both hot and cold sandwiches with a side order of chips or pasta. The bread there is homemade daily and they also have some delicious pastries.
4. RA is Sushi restaurant that is located north in the upscale part of Tucson. The prices are a tad more than your average Sushi place but the quality is well worth it.
5. Sushi Garden is a delicious restaurant with affordable prices. There is a variety of dishes to choose from off of the menu and they also have some great lunch specials. Sit at the bar and watch the chef prepare your meal or sit in the dining hall and have a cheerful waitress help you. Either way its a great experience filled with tasty food.
6. Sauce is a top restaurant that offers salads, thin crush pizzas, and pastas. They also offer wines and Italian sodas. Their salads are flavored deliciously and they chop the lettuce up fine so its easy to eat so don’t worry about making a mess on yourself. The pizzas are very thin but full of flavor prepared with only the freshest ingredients.
7. Pei Wei is an Asian food restaurant that has a variety of dishes to choose from. You choose the dish and what kind of meat you would like to be prepared with. For example if you want spicy curry, you have your choice of having it made with shrimp, beef, chicken, or pork. Pei Wei restaurants also allow you to have your choice of white rice or brown rice.
8. Guero Canelo’s is a Mexican restaurant known for their savory carnes asada tacos but most of all their Sonoran Style Hot Dogs. Sonoran style hot dogs are a must try as they are quite rare to find anywhere else. The hot dog is wrapped in bacon and then grilled to perfection. The dog is then put into a Mexican bolillo which is a soft hot dog like bread and then topped with cheese, tomatoes, and cream. Its a fiesta of flavor and they are a delicacy in Tucson.
9. The Good Egg is one of the best restaurants in Tucson to go to for breakfast. This restaurant specializes in breakfast hence the name. Here they offer frittatas, omelettes, crepes, pancakes, and much more. They have an incredible amount of options for their pancakes such as apples & cinnamon, bananas, blueberries, chocolate chips, Craisins, coconut, oranges, Oreos, peaches, peanut butter chips, pineapple, whipped cream,caramelized pecans, and walnuts are only a few on the list.
10. Brooklyn Pizza is another restaurant located in downtown Tucson and they have some great Italian sandwiches there as well as pizza. Don’t forget to taste some of their gelato there as also!