Although this guide may help when you find yourself in one of these sticky situations, it is best if you make a checklist before you leave and double check everything is where its supposed to be. You should pack early and bring extras because your never know what might happen while your are out exploring the countryside staring at wild horses. Imagining yourself gracefully riding bareback in the wind on top of a black stallion through the forest. Well, we all have our opinions of a perfect vacation right!
1. Medicine: First thing is Don’t panic. You can call your physician during his or her business hours and ask him or her to fax it to the nearest pharmacy. If your doctor’s office is closed and the medicine is vital to your well being then, you might be able to go to a pharmacy and tell them your situation. They should be able to call your original pharmacy and give you a 3 or 4 day supply. Now if all fails and you think you might be in danger, you should go to the nearest emergency room, or you might even want to think about cutting your vacation short.
2. Charger: You didn’t forget the laptop this time but you forgot your charger. For starters, run your laptop in its power saver mode to get the most time out of it. When possible, head to a BestBuy or another electronic store to see if they have a charger that fits your laptop. The same thing goes for cell phones. I have even seen cell phone chargers in larger service station’s like Buc-ee’s.
3. Digital Camera: Lucky for you most cell phones come with still picture and video capture capability. Most smart phones can take pretty good quality photos as long as you don’t zoom in too much. A 2 GB or larger micro SD card can be purchase for about $10 or less so your can store thousands of pictures on your phone, then transfer them to your computer when you get back home.
4. Airplane Ticket: Most airports in the United States are very modern and you can reprint your airplane ticket as long as you have proper identification. For faster result you should have the credit card you purchased your ticket with. Even if your have already printed out your boarding pass there is usually a help desk near your boarding gate where you can obtain another copy. The people that work at the airport are human and know we make mistakes sometimes. You wont be looked at like you are trying to sneak onto the airplane. However, in some cases you will not be able to replace your ticket and will have to purchase another. I know it sucks, but it has happened before. I’m a prime example of that.
5. Undergarments: The most embarrassing moment has to be getting out of the shower and opening your suitcase to see that you didn’t bring any undergarments. Lucky for you Walmart can be found in almost any part of the country, and their prices are very inexpensive. If there is no Walmart around you can even go smaller outlets and find basic clothing to wear at a relatively cheap price. If you are at a hotel ask the front desk and they should be able to give you directions to the nearest store.