Dog booties are most known in the dog sledding community, but they can be a great idea for your pooch, too. Dog booties are made of different fabrics or plastic coverings and easily slip on over your dog’s paws. The main use of the the best dog booties is to protect a dog’s paws from frigid wintery weather, but they are also used when taking your dog for a hike on rocky terrain or in the heat of the summer when walkways could be scorching.
The best dog booties have Velcro straps and easily slip on over the dog’s paw, but do be warned, as with leashes other items pooches are always thrilled to get this put on. Just like a parent with his or her child, sometimes you just have to do what is best for man’s best friend even if he doesn’t love you for it at that exact moment. These dog shoes are a great thing to own for anybody that lives in the colder parts of the United States or the rest of the world for that matter. As it is with most stuff, your dog might rebel at first, but he or she will learn it is for its’ benefit.
Here are the 5 best dog booties and some places where you can purchase them for your pooch:
1. Muttluks All-Weather Dog Boots – These are the kings among the best dog booties. Every review anywhere on the web will tell you, if you want the best canine booties then you need to get these. They can be found on www.muttluks.com and on other websites for around $50 plus shipping for a set of four. Not only are they the most comfortable dog booties, but they are also the longest lasting. They have been known to last for up to three years.
2. Ruff Wear Bark’n Boots Grip Trex -They are made for all conditions, terrains and the key point, all different weather conditions. They run $44.99 for a set of four at backcountryk9. The sizes range from xxsmall all the way up to xxlarge, and are built like human shoes to give a constant fit.
3. Granite Gear Endurance Dog Boots – These are close third to the Ruff Wear brand, when it comes to the best dog booties. They have Durastretch Fleece laminate top and tongue, making them warm and comfortable. They come in 6 different sizes and cost $43.90 for a set of four at wildmountainonline.com.
4. REI Adventure Boots – These dog boots have the soles and toes made from recycled tire rubber, giving great traction in any kind of weather. The only drawback with them is they only come in 4 sizes. They are priced all over the web at around $40 for a set of four.
5. NeoPaws High Performance Neoprene Winter Dog boots – These dog booties come in 10 different sizes and can be found on houndsaroundtown.com. There is also a very handy sizing chart on this website, so you can make sure you get your dog the best comfort. They also have a reference guide for different breeds of dogs, in case you are buying them for somebody else’s pooch. This guide is pretty accurate, but not an exact science.