Many of our senior family members and friends enjoy getting away for weeks or months at a time and traveling in their RV’s throughout the country. They have traveled in their RV’s throughout the Midwest, in both Minnesota and Wisconsin, as well as down to Missouri and Texas when they want to get away from the cold winter winds of Minnesota. Here are some of the best RV Parks for the senior citizen crowd in our lower 48 states.
1. Grand Casino Hinckley RV Park: This huge RV park is located within 25 miles of my home. Among the RV sites are 6 handicap sites for the senior citizen who may require a little extra help. It can handle RV’s up to 60′ ft. long. The Great Lodge has a convenience store as well a lobby fireplace for a little indoor relaxation. The RV park includes a heated seasonal outdoor pool, game court, group fire pit, pet walking area and bathhouse. It’s located within minutes of the famous Grand Casino Hinckley, for the senior citizen who enjoys the casino atmosphere, and provides shuttle service to and from the casino. The Grand Casino Hinckley RV Park received a 5 star rating in both facilities and recreation categories in 2009 Woodland’s North American Campground directory. This RV park is approx. 70 miles north of the Minneapolis/ St. Paul metro area.
2. Fortune Bay RV Park: Your home away from home, one of the best RV parks for senior citizens, is located on the beautiful shores of Lake Vermilion, about 220 miles north of the Twin Cites here in Minnesota. The picturesque, pristine setting in the Minnesota Northwoods makes this an extra ordinary RV park. It has 36 sites including 16 drive thru with water and electric hookups. It’s within walking distance of the Fortune Bay Casino, an 18 hole championship golf course, marina, dining facilities and an award winning Heritage Center. Many celebrities have vacation homes on Lake Vermilion so you never know who you may run into when you’re out for a little nature walk .
3. Country Roads Motorhome & RV Park: In one of the premier vacations destinations, located in Lake Dalton in the Wisconsin Dells, this RV park is known as the best RV park for “Older Kids”. It was named the “Best Bet” in the Big Rigs directory. You will understand why this is one of the best RV parks for senior citizens when you visit this beautiful, clean, quiet park. It has a heated outdoor pool, free Internet access, propane tank filling and water and sewer hookups. It is only a couple miles from all the attractions of the famous Wisconsin Dells.
4. Countryside Senior RV Park, Sedila, Missouri: When you’re ready to jump into your RV and head out of the Midwest, this could be the ideal spot. This area has a milder climate then the upland plains of the state making it one of the best RV parks for senior citizens. It’s open from Apr.1 to Oct.15 and has 28 full hook-up sites and 8 pull through sites. This rural setting has a quiet atmosphere but all the best features for a senior RV park, including hot showers, storm shelter, laundry facilities and a meeting room. The historic area of Sedila began as a rough frontier town in the new west. It’s known as the birth of the Ragtime, and has many historical sites for visitors to see. It’s located 168 miles from Branson, Missouri and 60 miles from the Lake of the Ozarks. My brother vacationed and stayed at this RV park last year and is heading back there again. “It’s the best”, he said.
5. Paradise RV Park, Woodville, Texas: One of our best friends just returned from spending the winter months at this RV park, one of the best RV parks senior citizens. It’s where they’ve gone the last few winters to get away from the Minnesota cold. It’s located in Martin Dies Jr. State Park, 50 miles N. of Beaumont, Tx., 50 miles S. of Lufkin, Tx. or 30 miles E. of Livingston, Tx. This adult RV park is designed for the 50+ crowd. It has 29 RV sites that are pull thrus with full hook-ups and can accommodate RV’s up to 50ft. Features include an exercise room, game room, bathrooms with showers and laundry facilities in the Paradise RV Senior Community Room. A number of outdoor activities including a 9 hole golf course are located within minutes of the RV park. Nestled within the tall pines that dominate the area, it offers quiet relaxation for the senior citizen.
Sources: Grand Casino Hinckley.com
Countryside Senior RV Park, Sedila.com
Paradise RV Park.com
Country Roads Motorhome & Rv Park.com