Too many people never lose the weight they want to lose because they hate the idea of going hungry. The very mention of the word “diet” to some people means depriving yourself of the foods you love and always being hungry. The truth is you don’t have to be miserable to lose weight. You can do it, without always being hungry.
1. The truth is, eating regular meals can actually help you lose weight better than most diets. Regular meals help your body maintain its “fuel supply”, keeps your body from thinking it needs food all the time. If you don’t feel hungry, it will be much easier for you to keep to your meal plan and reach your weight loss goals. When your body gets used to a routine, it will decrease your chances of binge eating or stopping at the local fast food joint for an afternoon snack. You will also find that you feel happier, healthier and less stressed. No doubt, you will find you have a lot more energy throughout the day.
2. Most people don’t realize that eating too fast can actually cause you to over-eat. If you eat your food slowly, not only will you have time to enjoy it more, your body will feel fuller sooner. Chewing your food well is also important. The better your food is digested, the more nutrients your body gains from it.
3. If the thought of eating only three times a day is too difficult, eat five or six small meals a day. Eating smaller meals throughout the day will stop the hunger pangs, and you won’t overeat at the next meal. By allowing yourself several meals a day, you won’t feel deprived, and so won’t feel the need to compensate by eating the wrong foods. Tempting as it may be, don’t skip a meal. You will just end up eating more later. If you aren’t very hungry, you don’t have to eat all of it, but at least eat something at your regular mealtime.
4. If eating several small meals a day is not an option, and you don’t think three meals a day is enough, try keeping some healthy snacks handy. Carrot sticks, celery, bananas, dried fruit, trail mix, berries and pretzel sticks are just a few tasty treats that you can take with you. For a change, try dipping veggies into low-fat yogurt instead of regular dip.
5. It is possible to lose weight and not be hungry. Be creative in your thinking. Do some online research for meal ideas. Go check out your local library for cooking information. Get your friends and family involved by planning interesting, healthy meals for get-togethers. Plan your meal ahead for a few days or a week at a time. Knowing what you will be eating and when will help keep you on track. Bon apetite!
For more Information and Resources on the smart and effective way to lose weight, maintain a healthy weight and permanently keep the weight off Click Here.