Valentine’s Day can be a special time for couples. Traditionally, men go out and buy candy, flowers, or lingerie for their partner. But if you are a woman and want to show your man that you are no slouch when comes to finding romantic gifts, what should you buy? I would suggest not asking your man, as men can have vague and somewhat confusing ideas about what they would like in terms of a romantic gift. You are likely to hear such decidedly unromantic responses such as, “Golf clubs”, “Tickets to the game”, or “A cool new remote” if you ask your man what he might like for Valentine’s Day. Instead, I would suggest these alternatives:
5) Something for one of his gadgets. Guys certainly love gadgets, be they cell phones, laptops, MP3 players, or portable storage devices. The internet is filled with accessories for these devices, so why not find one for your guy? A nice cell phone skin or cool laptop sticker will be a welcome gift. You don’t have to buy one with his favorite team’s logo. There are sexy choices available for most gadgets.
4) A tattoo for you. I would advise extreme caution on this, but if it is something he has suggested would look good on you and you are absolutely POSITIVE you want it, Valentine’s would be a perfect time to surprise him with a work of art on the work of art that is your body. Also, make sure he seriously wants you to get one and was not just talking figuratively, kidding around, or under the influence of pain medication, or else this might end up making for a very bad Valentine’s Day. If you are unsure about what to get, just head to a nearby tattoo parlor. They have pictures on the walls and in albums known as “flash” that offer a wide variety of designs. If you’re unsure on this one, go with a temporary tattoo. If you both like it, you can get a permanent one later.
3) Liquor. This might sound like rather uninventive, but I am not suggesting you go out and by your guy a six pack of his favorite beer(although I’m sure most men would appreciate it if you did). I am referring to something with some class and style. Does your husband like vodka? If his favorite brand is something in the $10 to $20 a bottle range, odds are he has eyed a $40 to $50 bottle but thought it was too expensive. Surprising him with an expensive bottle of his favorite type of liquor will impress him and endear him to you in one swift stroke.
2) A romantic dinner at a restaurant of YOUR choosing. It can be tough being a guy sometimes. We have to know what mood you’re in without being told, manage to be manly without being macho or chauvinistic, and still be sensitive. Sure, your guy could pick out a restaurant that he thinks you will like and try to create a romantic evening with you. However, you can take the pressure off him and set up the dinner at somewhere you know you will love. Your man will appreciate it, and it will allow him to relax and focus on enjoying time with you instead of worrying if everything is perfect.
1) A boudoir photograph of yourself. Men are notoriously visual in their perception of what constitutes romance, so a photograph of you at your finest can go a long way towards creating a scintillating atmosphere on Valentine’s Day. There are photographers who specialize in this type of photography, but if money is an issue you can do this yourself at home with some careful preparation and a camera with a self timer.
Show him you mean business this Valentine’s Day. Show him a side of you that he didn’t know existed or hasn’t seen in a long time. Get him something creative that required a little thought to choose and he will love you for it.