Ah Springtime! It is fast approaching and with that also comes an annual tradition for many New Jersey families, visiting the Easter Bunny!
Children young and old are captivated by the story of the Easter Bunny. As the story goes, the bunny travels the night before Easter Sunday, leaving baskets of treats for children. The bunny has also been known to hide decorated eggs for the children to find on Easter morning. Sometimes these eggs are plastic and filled with surprise treats and sometimes they are real cooked eggs decorated in beautiful colors. Either way, the fun of an egg hunt on Easter morning cannot be denied!
Another common pastime related to the Easter Bunny is a visit to meet him and take pictures. Here are some places you can go in and near Edison, New Jersey to do just that.
1. In Edison, the township is sponsoring its “Old Fashioned Outdoor Easter Funday” on Saturday, March 27, 2010. The Easter Bunny will lead the festivities designed for Edison children ages 3 years old through fifth grade. The event will be an egg hunt broken down by various age groups. In addition, each child will receive a “holiday surprise” and can take photos with the Easter Bunny. Pre-registration is required and there is a cost of $5.00. Visit the township website at http://www.edisonnj.org for registration information.
2. Also in Edison you can visit the Menlo Park Mall. The Easter Bunny arrives at this large area mall on Friday, March 12, 2010. He will be available for pictures daily through Saturday, April 3, 2010. The Easter Bunny at Menlo Park Mall is located in the lower level in the Nordstrom wing. http://www.simon.com/mall
3. Or if you like you can hop a short way over to the town of Woodbridge and stop by the Woodbridge Center Mall. Here the Easter Bunny will also arrive on Friday March 12, 2010. He will be available for pictures Monday through Saturday from 10am to 8pm and on Sunday from 11am to 6pm. The Easter Bunny is located at the Woodbridge Center Mall in the lower level just outside of JC Penney. http://www.woodbridgecenter.com/
4. If you like train rides, you can find one complete with its own Easter Bunny, about an hour away from Edison. Travel to the NJ Bunny Train Ride where children delight in seeing the Easter Bunny hop through the train. As he hops along, he will visit with each child and present them with a special gift from his basket. These train rides originate in Wayne, NJ on March 27th and Glen Rock, NJ on March 28th. You can choose either the 9:30am, Noon or 2:30pm train departure at either location. This popular event is organized by the Volunteer Railroaders Association and the Tri-State Chapter National Railway Historical Society and tickets can be purchased via the website at http://www.easterbunnytrain.com/.
5. Or if your tastes are more rural, then you may want to visit a farm to see the Easter Bunny. Take a ride about 40 minutes from Edison to reach the Alstede Farms in Chester, NJ. At various times from Friday, March 26, 2010 through Saturday, April 3, 2010, the farm will offer an Easter egg hunt through their maze, visits with farm animals, hayrides, pony rides and much more. In addition there is an opportunity to take photos with the Easter Bunny. The prices for each activity as well as the open and close times for each date can be found at their website, http://www.alstedefarms.com/content.php?id=353
Here’s hoping you have a wonderful time no matter where you choose to find the Easter Bunny this year!